Let's Get Drunk AND....
Today we are going to cover a little Adult Drinking 101, not an end all to be all, just simply a few things every guy should know. Namely, we should probably know what drinks change our breath for better and worse. Also, we should know what two drinks every women loves. It would also behoove us to know what types of adult beverages your folks will enjoy. And finally two slam dunk cocktails for a party. An old married couple once told me, "Brent, do you know what has gotten us through 45 years of marriage... Alcohol!" So bottoms up!
Drinks That Change Your Breath...
...For the Better:
- Gin and tonic
- Vodka and cranberry
- Any drink with citrus
...For the Worse:
- Any sweet drink
- Any drink with milk
- Any drink with chocolate
Quick Tip: If you have stank breath, do yourself an favor and order a mojito, give the drink to a friend and chew on the mint leaves that comes with this lovely drink. Fresh breath for all!
Two Cocktails for Women:
- Cosmopolitan: You are going to need, 3/4 oz of Vodka, 1/2 oz of triple sec, 1 oz of cranberry juice and 1/2 oz lime juice mix it all together with ice in a cocktail mixer. Shake it like a salt shaker, and strain into an iced martini glass.
Of course, we suppose you could always run into the women who doesn't enjoy a Cosmo, don't worry we have you covered there too, next up, the Apple Martini!
- Apple Martini: Combine 2 oz of vodka, 1 1/2 oz apple schnapps, and 1/2 oz of lemon juice with ice in a cocktail mixer. Shake and strain into a martini glass. If you have a slice of apple use that for garnish.
Two Cocktails for Your Folks:
You're not in college anymore, so keg stands, shotgunning and funneling are out of the question. Unless of course you are tailgating at a Jimmy Buffett concert with your parents, which is totally cool. Alas, show them you've matured to a strapping young lad.
- Gin Martini: Combine 1 2/3 oz gin and 2/3 oz dry vermouth with ice in a cocktail mixer and shake, strain into an iced martini glass, and server with an olive.
If your old man isn't a gin fan, no worries here you have him covered, make old man river this instead...
- Vodka Gimlet: 1 1/2 oz vodka, 1 oz lime juice, and 1 teaspoon powdered sugar with ice in a cocktail mixer. Shake and strain, server in a martini glass.
Or if your dad is like mine...Jim Beam and Cola, enough said.
Two Cocktails for a Party:
The Beer Margarita might be the perfect drink for those hot summer days, allowing you to whip up a party-sized pitcher to fuel the masses in now time.
- Beer Margarita: First you will need a blender, add the following ingredients to it. 1 1/2 cups of tequila, 1/2 cups of Grand Marnier, 1/3 of a bottle of beer, 1 can of frozen lemonade from concentrate, one squeezed lime and 1/2 a squeezed lemon, 1/2 cup agave nectar. Blend this soon to be frozen concoction until smooth, poor into margarita glasses and enjoy.
A more traditional alternative, but still popular and loaded with liquor.
- Hurricane: Combine 1 oz vodka, 1 oz ameretto, 1 ox triple sec, 1 oz light rum, 1 oz of gin and 1/4 oz of grenadine into a large cup, filled 3/4 the way up with ice. Fill with equal parts pineapple and grapefruit juices, serve in tall glass.
Well there you have it. Just enough adult beverage knowledge to get you into trouble. No go forth and drink!